1984 Sanborn Min Max
1984 Sanborn Min Max Wide Band Sawmill with Live Deck.
Detroit 271 engine with the largest injectors that are made for that engine. It starts and runs well.
Maintenance and Repairs Done:
- balanced both wheels, reground both wheels
- removed some weight from the upper wheel
- added a weight strain system instead of a small spring
- added vibration damping connections
- provided electric shut off and throttle to the engine
- added an auxiliary open center hydraulic pump and valves. The pump is driven off the front of the crankshaft of the engine
- replaced the bearings throughout the mill
- strengthened the take away table to take very heavy loads
- installed a new set work screw system
- removed the pantograph for hydraulic supply and replaced it with an igus hose and cable carrying chain
- hydraulic drive 3 chain live deck that is about 16' long and 12' wide with a stop and loader and arms that go across the bed of the mill. The logs must be rolled across the arms to the 4 head blocks. The frame of the live deck is mounted on 3x3x3 concrete cubes.
- set of 4 large head blocks with the same design as the original but which are about 12" large capacity than the originals.
- 40 foot long 3 chain green chain with new hydraulic motor and large gear reduction unit
- 3 saw Chase 24+" edger with a 271 power unit that starts and runs well.
- 7 bands here and another 5 being repaired.